Environmental Policy Statement 2020
JR Resources is a "relationship based" promotional products and marketing agency that works with hundreds of local, regional, national and international companies. We provide fast, flexible, creative and price competitive products with outstanding customer service. We deliver your ideas!
JR Resources incorporates sustainability into our core business operations through internal and external efforts. Specifically, we shall adopt the following policies and practices:
- Reduce Carbon Footprint
- Resource Conservation
- Responsible Consumption
- Reuse and Recycling
We educate employees on resources conservation and pollution prevention through:
- Using clear signage for recycling and energy conservation
- Informing employees about environmental resources when shipping
- Training employees to select suppliers closest to events and shipping ground to save CO2 emissions
- Training employees to use new software system to go paperless by end of 2020 (accomplished goal March 2020)
Reduce Carbon Footprint
We reduce our footprint by:
- Ship using ground vs air when ever possible.
- Carbon offset packages when possible
- Carbon offset any travel flights by 2021
- Order products from local suppliers to reduce travel distances.
We conserve resources by:
- Installed LED lighting in the office
- Use no AC or Heating on our office
- Donate samples and clothing to local schools and shelters
We reduce our consumption by:
- Our order process is paperless, as of April 2020
- Carpooling, once a week
- Working from home, helps reduce cars on the road, 2-3 days a week, (currently all employees are working from home, March 2020)
- Select items for our customers that are reusable or made with renewable materials.
- Initiated and developed product line approved by VP of Global Supplier Diversity and Sustainability with Marriott, to showcase environmentally friendly products.
Reuse and Recycling
We reuse and recycle by:
- Plastic bag recycling program
- Recycle 90 % of all paper and cardboard
- Use reusable utensils, cups and plates in the office